Did you know that standing on the same spot for an extended period is not only tiring but also bad for your overall health? It causes severe pain and discomfort to the legs, feet, and back, as well as the neck and shoulders. Not only that, but it can also hinder proper blood circulation. This is the reason ergonomic anti-fatigue mats were created.
What is an anti-fatigue mat?
Anti-fatigue mats are not just any ordinary floor mats. They have ergonomic properties that provide support for the body while reducing fatigue when you need to work standing up for an extended period.
You should familiarise yourself with the different kinds of anti-fatigue mats to know the right one for your needs.
- Foam – Foam anti-fatigue mats are normally 1/4-inch to 3/4-inch thick and are commonly used in homes specifically in the kitchen, laundry room or bathroom.
- Foam rubber – This type of anti-fatigue mat is more durable than regular foam anti-fatigue mats. It can provide comfort and withstand harsh environments like garages, workshops and even manufacturing plants.
- Hard rubber – A hard rubber anti-fatigue mat is perfect for wood shops, machine shops, and the manufacturing industry because of its extreme durability. It also offers great support but may not be as comfortable as the other two.
Anti-fatigue mats offer various health benefits such as the following:
- Reduce lower back pain,
- Lessen occurrence of headaches,
- Encourage good posture while reducing foot pressure,
- Prevent stiffness in the joints,
- Promote better circulation of blood,
- Reduce consumption of energy,
- Increase productivity,
- Relieve tension in the neck, shoulder and supporting muscles,
- Improve concentration,
- Protect the feet against cold floors, and
- Reduce the occurrence of slipping.
Anti-fatigue mats are ideal for individuals who work on their feet all day long, as they help reduce neck, shoulders and lower back pain while promoting good posture. The more comfortable workers are, the more productive they will be.